What is hydrotherapy?
Different to aerobics or swimming; Hydrotherapy, or aquatic therapy is a form of exercise, performed in a specialised heated pool between 31-36 degrees. The water provides a safe and buoyant environment, making movements easier and more comfortable. The guided exercise programs, developed through Revitalize Exercise Physiology + Pilates focus on each individuals goals and abilities.
Conditions which have shown great progress from hydrotherapy
- Muscular pain (ie. back pain)
- Pre- and post-operative (ie Knee or Hip Joint replacement, tendon repairs)
- Neurological (ie Cerebral Palsy, Spinal Cord Injury & Parkinson’s)
Benefits of hydrotherapy
✓ Reduced load impacted on joints
✓ Minimises muscle aches, spasms and tightness
✓ Improved blood circulation
✓ Less strenuous than land-based exercise
✓ Minimises risk of falls, and improves balance
✓ Provides variety to sessions
✓ Improved muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
✓ Improved mental health
Revitalize Exercise Physiology + Pilates offers Hydrotherapy (Private and Group classes) out of a number of locations including:
- Ascot Vale Leisure Centre
- Keilor East Leisure Centre
- Mill Park Leisure Centre
Each session is fully supervised by one of our qualified practitioners.
* Private health funds and NDIS rebates may be applicable for certain individuals/participants.
For further information, or to make an appointment, contact us on 0404 627 702.